These rules about the Community Center Rooms are part of the Villebois Community Center and Pool Policies and Rules document available in full on the Governance page. (Revised June,2017). Please read these rules in full and use the VCCA Reservation Form.
1. COMMUNITY ROOM (Large room)
A. Eligible Use
- VCCA occupant aged 18 and older may reserve the Community Room for a community event, public event or private event. Any eligible VCCA occupant wishing to reserve the Community Room for a community event, public event, or private event shall sign a non-transferable Policy for Use of the Community Center by Occupants (hereinafter “Contract”), and such contract shall be binding on the reserving individual (hereinafter “Contract Holder”). HOA sponsored reservations shall have priority over occupant reservations.
- The Community Room may be reserved on a first come/first serve basis by contacting the VCCA current management company at VCCA_rental@ourvillebois.com or by calling 503-445-1122. The room will be considered to be reserved at the time that the current management company receives the reservation forms properly filled out and signed.
- Occupants reserving the space must be in good standing, (good standing is defined as being current with respect to assessment payments owed to the occupant’s Member Association, and having no outstanding violation of the rules and regulations of the Member Association and the VCCA). The reserving individual (Contract Holder) must be in attendance during the full use of the Community Room.
- Each contract submitted to the VCCA for use of the Community Room may be subject to review and approval by a representative of the VCCA.
- The VCCA reserves the right to review all requests for reserved use and may deny any request if such use is deemed to put the Community Room or its property at unusual risk, or if such use of the Community Room is deemed to be contrary to the best interests of the Villebois Community Center Association.
The occupancy limits established by the building code and determined by the County Fire Marshal’s office states the maximum occupancy for the Community Room is 174 persons with chairs only and 82 persons with tables and chairs. All use of the Community Room must conform to these occupancy limits. There are 9 6’ tables, 2 4’ tables and 30 chairs available in the game room closet.
C. Pre-use and Post-use Inspections
There are pre-use and post-use walk-through inspections of the Community Room by a VCCA community volunteer. If the Contract Holder does not feel the Community Room is acceptable at the time of his/her arrival, it is the Contract Holder’s responsibility to document the deficiencies and contact the VCCA management company right away. After the event, it is the Contract Holder’s responsibility to ensure the room, kitchen and bathrooms are cleaned in accordance with the Community Room Check List. Otherwise a cleaning fee may be charged.
D. Limits on Times of Use
- The Community Room can be reserved for 2, 3 or 4 plus hours. Reservation hours are between 5:00 a.m. to no later than 10:00 a.m. of the following day. Reservation time must include set up and clean up time.
- Access to the room with the Contract Holder’s key fob will start at the beginning of the rental time. The key fob will be de-activated at the end of the rental time at which time the Community Room and bathrooms must be cleaned and everything returned to its original place (i.e., folding chairs and tables in Conference Room Closet, Community Room chairs, sofas, game tables, coffee and side tables back in their original configuration). The post-use inspection will occur shortly after the end of the contract time by a VCCA community volunteer.
- The VCCA reserves the right to change or modify the permitted hours a Contract Holder may reserve the Community Room.
E. General Conditions of Use
- Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance whenever possible. Reservations requested with less than a 72 hour notice may not be granted due to application processing.
- The main external front doors to the VCC may not be propped open at any time. The ADA/ wheel chair access door in the Community Room should be used to allow ease of entry for guests.
- No admission fees shall be collected for any event held in the Community Room.
- Community Room reservations do not include use of the pool.
- Any activity to be attended by persons 17 years of age and younger shall be chaperoned. All chaperones shall be 18 years of age or older, and there shall be one chaperone including the Contract Holder for each 10 persons 17 years of age and younger present within the Community Room at all times.
- The VCCA reserves the right to refuse any requests for events where the event is deemed illegal, dangerous, unhealthy, or there is possibility of damage.
- All Community Room furniture and equipment moved or used as a direct or indirect result of use of the Community Room shall be cleaned and returned to its proper location or storage area following use, and under no circumstances shall furniture or other equipment belonging to the VCCA be removed from the Community Center.
- If major decorations, auxiliary lights, or sound equipment are contemplated for use during any reserved time, the VCCA management company shall be notified five (5) working days in advance. The VCCA reserves the right to request the Contract Holder complete an inspection by a representative of the Wilsonville Fire Department or by a licensed Clackamas County electrician of the decorations or equipment to be used. Documentation of the inspection must be provided to the VCCA Management company prior to the event.
- Absolutely no objects such as nails, tacks, candles or substances that cause permanent damage shall be placed on the walls, window surfaces, or floors. Any and all decorations shall be fireproof, and shall be removed entirely immediately following the reserved use of the Community Room.
- Absolutely no helium balloons are to be used in the building due to possible entanglement in the ceiling fans. Use of helium balloons will be cause for suspension of privileges. No glitter shall be used at any event as glitter has proven very difficult to clean up.
- Under no circumstances shall Contract Holder make any structural or electrical alterations in the Community Center.
- No hazardous materials of any kind will be permitted in the Community Center. Any supplies and materials that may present a potential for any possible damage are prohibited from the Community Center.
- Open flames are not permitted in or within 10 ten feet of the Community Center.
- All refuse shall be removed when the event is over and put in the SEALED trashcans.
- The County noise ordinance prohibits loud noise after 10:00 p.m. and the Contract Holder must conform to the requirements of this ordinance. Use of a sound (including live bands, DJs, TV’s, etc.) system will be limited to inside the Community Room during the time of reserved use. All doors and windows of the Community Center should remain closed while the sound system is in use.
- The Contract Holder is responsible for making a thorough inspection of the Community Room at the end of his/her reserved use, including inspections of the bathrooms and kitchen. The Contract Holder is responsible for completing the Community Room Check list, being sure to sign and date the form indicating the room is clean.
- The Contract Holder agrees to be held responsible for any cleaning fees charged if the Community Room, kitchen and bathrooms are not cleaned in accordance with the Community Room Check List.
- All appliances and lights shall be turned off. All exterior doors shall be locked. Any issues requiring attention must be reported to the VCCA management company as soon as possible during regular business hours.
- Smoking is prohibited within 10 feet of the Community Center and pool.
- The Community Room and other Center premises are to be vacated quietly.
F. Advertising for Community or Public Events
- It is suggested that an invite to a public or community event open to all VCCA occupants may be advertised on (2) two separate sources within the community providing the event details. Advertising sources include but may not be limited to:
- Laminated Flyers: All AVOA, Polygon at Villebois and Tonquin Woods mailbox kiosks. Event notices/flyers need to be posted two weeks prior to the event. The notices need to be laminated and cannot be more than 4 inches wide. Please remove notices when your event is over.
- Website Postings: send your posting to . It will be forwarded to the VCCA management company representative who will post it on the VCCA Web page.
- Commercial and non-profit activities will be restricted for advertising purposes to the OurVillebois.com website or the VCCA bulletin board. No electronic posting or flyers around the community center will be permitted, per Board of Directors meeting held 02-28-17.
- Email Blast: An email blast sent to . The VCCA management company will send it to the management companies representing AVOA, Polygon at Villebois and Tonquin Woods associations.
- Posting: Flyer on the announcement board in the Community Center or pool entryway.
G. Use/Sale of Alcohol
Community or public events hosted by an individual VCCA occupant or sponsored by the VCCA or a member HOA, must abide by the State of Oregon and City of Wilsonville laws and use a licensed, insured, OLCC bartender. VCCA reserves the right to require proof of insurance prior to the event.
A private event Contract Holder must sign EXHIBIT B in the contract and follow the regulations regarding the serving of alcoholic beverage at the VCC.
H. Fees and Charges
- There are no fees or security deposits for reserving the community room for a community, public, or private event.
- Damage to the room or furnishings shall result in fines covering all expenses and any administrative fees incurred. Notice of fines will be mailed to the fob address of record, the fob Member Association, and the contract holder address of record. Unpaid fines will be levied against the Contract Holder’s HOA in accordance with the VCCA CC&Rs 7.3(d).
- A cleaning fee will be charged if the Community Room, kitchen and bathrooms are not cleaned in accordance with the Community Room Check List. Fees will be based on actual costs of janitorial service plus any administrative fees incurred. Notice of fees will be mailed to the fob address of record, the fob Member Association, and the contract holder address of record. Unpaid fees will be levied against the Contract Holder’s HOA in accordance with the VCCA CC&Rs 7.3(d).
- Appeals of notices must be made in writing to the VCCA Board within 10 ten days of notification. The board will then schedule a hearing at which the contract holder must be present.
I. Set-up/Breakdown Time
Contract Holder may not enter the Community Room earlier than the time reserved on his/her contract without permission from the VCCA management company. Contract Holder must vacate the premises at the end of the specified time slot on his/her contract as the volunteer recheck representative will be arriving shortly after the specified time. Therefore, when making a reservation, VCCA members must reserve the room to allow ample time to set up before the event and clean up after the event.
J. Special Rule Provisions for Community Room
The Community Room may be reserved for a private sleep over party under the following conditions:
- Contract Holder must be present at all times.
- Youth are 17 years of age or younger must be chaperoned.
- Party is contained to the Community Room only, no loitering in the hallway or bathrooms.
- No pool or fitness room use/access is allowed by attendees at any time.
- Failure to comply with the above noted special provisions will result in suspension of Community Center privileges.
- All other general rules and policies must be followed at all times.
Community Room General Rules are subject to change.
2. CONFERENCE ROOM (Small room)
A. Eligible Use
- VCCA occupants may reserve the VCC Conference Room for a community event, public event, or for a private event.
- The conference room may be reserved at any time during the regular hours of the community center — 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- The Conference Room may be reserved on a first come/first serve basis by contacting the VCCA current management company.
- Occupants reserving the space must be in good standing, (good standing is defined as being current with respect to assessment payments owed to the occupants HOA, and having no outstanding violation of the rules and regulations of the Member Association and the VCCA). The reserving individual (Contract Holder) must be in attendance during the full use of the Conference Room.
The occupancy limits established by the building code and determined by the County Fire Marshal’s office states the maximum occupancy for the Conference Room is 14 persons. All use must conform to this occupancy limit.
C. General Conditions of Use
- There are no fees for use of the Conference room.
- No admission fees shall be collected for any event held in the Conference Room.
- Any activity in the Conference Room to be attended by persons 17 years of age and younger shall be chaperoned by at least one authorized VCCA occupant during the entire duration of the activity. All chaperones shall be 18 years of age or older.
- No movement of the Conference Room table is allowed at any time. All other furniture and equipment moved or used as a direct or indirect result of use in the Conference Room shall be returned to its proper location or storage area following use, and under no circumstances shall furniture or other equipment belonging to the Villebois Community Center Association be removed from the Community Center.
Conference Room General Rules are subject to change.