Villebois Ladies Night Out

Villebois Ladies Night Out is held every third Thursday of each month starting at 6pm until closing time at our new local watering hole, the Quench Taproom (28900 SW Villebois Drive)! Join your neighbor gals for a fun, relaxed night out! Meet new friends and connect with old ones. Must be 21+. Bring a snack to share if you’re inspired! We’ll be meeting every third Thursday so see you there.

Holiday Gathering Scheduled for Saturday, December 3, at 5 PM

Villebois-wide Holiday Gathering Scheduled for Saturday, December 3, at 5 PM 

Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 3rd, at 5 PM for the 2016 Villebois Christmas event, put on by the Villebois Events Committee, a group of volunteers from the community who help stage these Villebois-wide events. Gather with your neighbors in the heart of our neighborhood at the Villebois Piazza for the annual tree lighting ceremony while you sip hot cocoa, nibble cookies and take photos with Santa. Dress warmly and bring an umbrella!

Sept. 29th: Villebois-Wide Emergency Preparedness Meeting

Sept. 29th: Next Villebois-Wide Emergency Preparedness Meeting 

The second Villebois-Wide Emergency Preparedness Meeting is scheduled for September 29 at 7:00pm at the Villebois Community Center. More than 90 residents attended the first meeting in July and we expect this second meeting to be equally well-attended. One of the speakers in September will be Jon Locke, who is part of the Leadership Team on Happy Valley CERT, a licensed ham radio operator and a FEMA Certified Instructor, who represents Homeland Security and FEMA with over 20 years experience. His subjects include: The Top Three Likely Threats in our Area; Cascadia Subduction Earthquake; Flood Info; Safety Tips for your Home, Emergency Supplies; Fire Extinguishers; Sanitation & Comfort Ideas; CERT (Community Emergency Response Teams) Information and much more. If you’re interested in becoming a “Map Your Neighborhood” leader, please email and you’ll be invited to future meetings.

Villebois-wide Garage Sale on June 18th

Garage Sale Set for Saturday, June 18th from 8 AM – 3 PM.:  The Villebois-wide garage sale, which has become an annual event, has been simplified this year. For example, there’s no fee to participate. Residents are simply asked to host their own sales (in their garages or front yards) on June 18 and to advertise their sale on social media and on Craigslist.com. This way we can bring in lots of folks to the neighborhood for this one-day sale and also have fun ourselves shopping at our neighbor’s sales. Have questions? Email the Villebois Events Team at: VECteam@myvillebois.com.

HOA Presidents Form Council to Confer on Villebois-wide Issues

VILLEBOIS HOA PRESIDENTS COUNCIL

—————————————————————–

MISSION STATEMENT OF THE VILLEBOIS HOA PRESIDENTS COUNCIL

To provide HOA Presidents an opportunity to share lessons learned regarding running HOAs in Villebois.

To create a forum whereby HOA Presidents are able to discuss Villebois-wide issues raised by, and of concern to, their homeowners.

To develop recommended neighborhood-wide solutions via consensus.

To present a unified voice to the City of Wilsonville, and other authorities, on Villebois-wide matters whenever the HOAs reach consensus.

To give the City of Wilsonville, and other authorities, a legitimate avenue for interacting with a group of elected homeowner representatives (i.e., the HOA presidents) where Villebois-wide issues are concerned.

——————————————————————

INITIAL MEETING – FEBRUARY 9, 2016

PLACE- VILLEBOIS COMMUNITY CENTER

TIME – 7:00 PM

Attendance: Donna Barrett, Tonquin Woods HOA; Art Henderlong, Seville Rowhomes Owners Association; Sam Scull, Legend HOA; Rob Sheirborn, Retheford HOA; Patricia Zimmerman, Arbor Villebois HOA.

MINUTES

— INTRODUCTIONS

Patricia Zimmerman asked group to send to her full contact information:

— For sharing with other presidents.

— For creating Council membership roster.

— REVIEW OF VILLEBOIS MAP AND BOUNDARIES

Presidents were asked to check the boundaries of their HOA against the map provided:

— To be sure boundaries are accurate.

— So that Webmaster can put HOA maps online.

— REVIEW AND UPDATE OF HOA DATA FOR WEBSITE

Presidents were asked to look at data on their web page at ourvillebois.com to:

— Make sure contact information to management companies is accurate.

— Consider adding fuller write-ups describing their HOAs.

— Consider adding their CC&Rs, Bylaws and Minutes of Board meetings for homeowners to access easily.

Presidents to send information for web pages to Patricia Zimmerman who will work with web master to get information online.

Group agreed that:

— We should get in touch with Andy Green who owns  “villebois.com

— We should talk to him about relinquishing this domain to the greater community.

— Group was asked for volunteers to meet with Andy.

— VILLEBOIS-WIDE SIGNAGE

Sherry Cox and Bob Walliker of Arbor Villebois HOA discussed the benefits of using the “V” sign created by neighbor Jim Anderson in insets at the perimeters of the community.

— Stressed that the “V” is more meaningful and more elegant than the “squiggly” street scene used by original developer on some temporary signs.

— Wilsonville City Planner has said to “go ahead.”

— Cost is approximately $200 per inset.

— Polygon has agreed to use the “V” signs at their entrances.

Presidents agreed in general to use the “V” at the perimeters.

Legend and Retheford presidents:

— Will check out the entrance in their areas.

— Will talk to their boards about signage, potential costs and timing.

— Don’t consider it a priority at the moment given other items for their Boards.

— Once signs have been completed at other spots, will revisit with their boards.

— TRAFFIC CONCERNS

— SPEEDING

Patricia handed out a brochure from ODOT on “setting speeds.”

In the absence of posted speed limits, Oregon state law gives motorists the following designated speeds:

15 mph in alleys, narrow residential streets;

20 mph in business districts, school zones;

25 mph in residential districts, public parks ocean shores;

55 mph on open and rural highways, trucks on interstate h-ways65 mph for autos on interstate highways.

— Online version of brochure is at www.oregon.gov/odot/hwy/traffic-roadway/ speed_zone_program.shtml

Group noted and discussed:

— The continuing problem of people still speeding through the neighborhood.

— The observation by the City that, as the number of houses grows and cars increase, they expect the traffic will automatically slow down.

Group decided to contact City and ask about:

— Schedule for when “rolling speed reminders” will be in Villebois.

— Cost for installing blinking lights around speed signs when driver is

approaching too fast.

— If they would send traffic police here to catch speeders. Once we have the city start ticketing, the word would get out and people will automatically slow down.

— Patricia Zimmerman will follow up with City and Police.

— PARKING

Everyone agreed that parking is a big problem in all areas of Villebois.

— Too many cars and not enough people using garages for parking.

— Some garages are being turned into “man caves” and other rec rooms.

Most HOA CC&Rs state that garages will be used:

— Primarily for parking of vehicles, and

— Only secondarily for storage and other purposes.

Presidents agreed that:

— We should encourage garage usage for parking to eliminate at least

one car per household from street parking.

— Have discussion with homeowners about how to enforce: write letterto homeowner and remind them of this CC&R.

Arbor Villebois management company has collected examples of other HOA resolutions on parking. Patricia will share with group.

Tonquin Woods HOA is doing a survey of their homeowners to ask their opinion about how to “resolve” parking issues.

Patricia passed out an article discussing State Law ORS 811 that states:

— No HOA can tow away a car or fine a homeowner whose car is legally parked according the City ordinances.

— Patricia will inquire with City to get better clarification about ORS 811 and what HOAs can do to restrict parking on the streets.

— SAFETY

— MEETING WITH OWNERS/WILSONVILLE CITY REGARDING GROUP HOMES

Arbor Villebois HOA plans to hold a safety meeting the end of April on group homes and will invite entire community.

— Panel to include Chief of police, representative from Clackamas County who is responsible for mental health facilities in Villebois, representatives from the three facilities in Arbor Villebois HOA.

— Purpose is to inform community about these facilities, their history, rules for residents, etc., and what the neighbors need to know to feel safe and what to do in case of suspicious or aggressive behavior.

Smaller meetings with nearby neighbors will take place before this major meeting.

— NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PROGRAMS

Arbor Villebois HOA and Tonquin Woods HOA have started Neighborhood Watch programs and are willing to work with other HOAs to get groups started in their areas.

— NEIGHBORHOOD-WIDE EVENTS

VEC COMMITTEE

Villebois Events Committee is looking for new participants to help plan community-wide events.

Legend HOA has some individuals interested in helping.

More information about group and contacts can be found at myvillebois.com

— OTHER

Landscape issues

— Group discussed landscape companies they have — Northwest, Willamette, Showplace.

— Wondered if there might be economies of scale if all HOAs hired the same company.

— As Arbor Villebois HOA is going out for bids they will discuss this with their landscape committee and report back to group.

Maintaining exteriors according to CC&Rs

— Seville Rowhouses are very diligent about caring for the facade of the building they share. Their HOA is responsible for the exterior of the building.

— Arbor Villebois HOA will be sending letters to homeowners about staining exterior fences and will follow up with warnings and fines — enforcements measures, which have never happened in the past which is why we have 45 fences that need attention.

— Communicating with renters

Group was reminded that we as HOAs:

—Do not have the right (as we do not have a contract with renters) to communicate directly with renters.

— Need to go through the homeowner to get to renter.

— Homeowners often ignore problems caused by their renters.

— Best course of action is sending letters (according to the CC&Rs, issuing fines and following procedures to put lien on house.

Communicating on Villebois Hood Facebook.

Group concurred that:

— It’s not a good idea to use “Villebois Hood Facebook” page to get into a dialog with individuals.

— But can “set the record straight” if misinformation is part of message.

— Should send “disgruntled” homeowner to their website page and/or provide information about management company who can receive and act on complaint.

Group agreed to meet quarterly.

Meeting Adjourned.

 

Neighborhood Watch Meeting Notes

Officer Sarah McClurg of the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office of Crime Prevention met with homeowners on January 12th to discuss ways to keep our homes and property safer.

She reminded attendees of many simple acts that help deter burglaries and then discussed the impact of creating neighborhood watch groups to further reduce crime.

Among the simple steps she outlined were: remembering to lock one’s car (80% of car theft occurs in unlocked vehicles), removing from one’s car any valuables, leaving porch lights on all night, and making sure doors and windows are always locked and secured.

She then presented an overview of the Neighborhood Watch program which began in the ‘60s — one of the most violent crime periods in our history. The program proved to be successful and reduced crime when citizens learned how to:

1. Look out for each other,

2. Better observe and recognize suspicious behavior, and

3. Take steps to report anything suspicious to the authorities.

At a result of this seminar and the practical information that was provided, several neighbors have decided to start Neighborhood Watch groups. You may be contacted by someone to join a small group that would include your nearby neighbors.  If you would like to start a group on your block, please send your name and address to Brad Finson at our management company, bradf@communitymgt.com.

Please check out the Website ourvillebois.com in the near future for more information about the Neighborhood Watch Program.

“Neighborhood Watch” Training Set for January 12 at 7 PM

Mark your calendars!! A Villebois “Neighborhood Watch” Training Session is scheduled for Tuesday evening, January 12th, from 7:00PM to 9:00PM, at the Villebois Community Center. Homeowners are invited to join their neighbors from other HOAs for this session, presented by the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office of Crime Prevention. Officer Sarah McClurg will do the presentation and answer questions about safety in our neighborhood. Those who attend will leave with the tools necessary to start their own Neighborhood Watch groups.  Please tell your next-door neighbors and plan to attend.

Happy New Year!!!!!

 

HERE’S WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY, HEALTHY, SAFE — AND SPECIAL — NEW YEAR’S EVE AND NEW YEAR’S DAY CELEBRATION!!!

 

Wilsonville Council Approves Polygon Plan for Row Houses in Center of Villebois

At the August 17 City Council meeting, the Wilsonville City Council approved two zone map amendments for parcels located in the center of the Villebois neighborhood that allow applicant Polygon Homes NW to build a total of 99 new owner-occupied row houses in two separate developments. One of the developments includes a combination of 31 English- and French-style row houses on a 1.89-acre parcel located at SW Costa Circle West and SW Orleans Loop. The other development includes a combination of 68 brownstone and London-style row houses on a 4.12 acre parcel located at SW Villebois Drive North and SW Mount Blanc Street.

(Reprinted from an article in the October 2015 issue of “The Boones Ferry Messenger”)